12 trends for the 2018 mobile applications
- Simplification of the User Journey: The User Journey is the experience of the user using the company’s mobile application. Every interaction we make as a user within the APP itself. The less effort we spend in achieving this goal, the better the experience will be. According to data from Bluumi, users do not like to give more than 3 touches to reach their goal within an APP.
- Using Gestures in APP + animation or n: ” Now we will have to get used to devices m obile without these buttons. Either Apple or any other model tee ndencia points to end without buttons leading to another level using gestures for application development m ovile s “explains Estanislao Asián.
- Experience focused on content: With the use and development of mobile applications, in 2018 the content will become more important than ever. A quality content designed by and for the user.
- Full-screen Experiences: The arrival of terminals such as Samsung Galaxy S8 and iPhone X and other popular models such as Huawei or Xaomi full screen have generated a change in the design of the APP and a clear trend throughout this year and the next ones.
- Bright colors: Screens like OLEDs make the color game transmit a whole user experience. Color is one of the most powerful tools in the toolkit in the development of mobile applications
- Emotional experiences: ” In application development m obile for this 2018, increasingly becomes m ore emotional intelligence force in the AP P. The use of animojis or emoticons are proof of this trend m ever going to s on the rise. Users know how to express emotions trav é s of technology í to although it seems impossible , “explains Operations Director Bluumi.
- Use of video: In 2017 already marked a great trend but this year will settle under a very defined guidelines: adapt it to a short interval of time, the use of video in vertical format and not horizontal, 360 degrees videos, streaming etc.
- New security systems in smartphones: According to Bluumi , in 2018, biometrics will be more accessible and we will see a greater use of biometrics for authentication and identity management purposes.
- Dise Conversational No: A strong trend in mobile application development 2018 will be everything related to conversations between user and APP. ” This year we will see how voice assistants and chatbots triumph. It is a new way of interacting, “they say from Bluumi
- Advanced customization : The APP will allow you to adapt according to the needs of the user: if you have vision problems or have astigmatism, or show information according to the place where you are in real time etc.
- Augmented Reality: Whether it’s entertainment or solving problems on a day-to-day basis. During 2018 we will see the most useful APP based on AR thanks to the democratization of the development of this technology that is not new but has been simplified in use and creation of APP.
- Cashless Payments: Cashless payment is fast becoming a new standard for many users. This could change the current concept we have of daily trade. In 2018 another of the trends of the shops will be the acceptance of little payment systems Apple Pay or Android Pay in terms of predetermined options and not only in online businesses.