A Call to Action or CTA (also known as a “call to action”) is a button or link located on our websitethat seeks to attract potential customers and convert them into final customers , usually through a form on a landing page or landing page.
A CTA is the link between the regular content that the user consumes and a page (landing page) with a more interesting offer for our user, which is relevant and interesting enough to persuade him to complete our form.
Why do we need Call to Action?
The Call to Action is an indispensable element when what we seek is to make the user connect with us.
It is very important to segment our target audience well and to know it in depth to choose the best Call to Action according to our objectives.
How should the perfect Call to Action be?
It is advisable to follow a series of tips so that your CTAs end up being attractive to your audience and you can significantly increase your clicks ratio:
- Focus on who you are targeting: The more you segmentes, the more effective you will be and therefore the greater the attraction, which translates into a greater conversion.
- Search for a good copy: A Call to Action is useless if the offer you want to offer in it is not clear or if the design prevails over the copy, relieving it to a second place.
- Choose a good location for the CTA: You must locate it where the eyes of our user go to get their attention: top left (following the western reading), when finishing an article, up in the central part of the web, etc.
- Use numbers: The numbers show the user exactly what they are going to get (for example, a reduced price on the previous price).
- Create a good design according to your style guide: However, it is important that they maintain a visual coherence with the rest of the page, as it is a way to make them inherent to your brand and easily recognizable.
The most important thing when making a Call to Action is to try and experiment with several sketches, ask for feedback from your users, and see what is the call to action that works best, to finally implement it.