How many notifications do you receive per day on your mobile device? Do you know how many times a day you unlock your phone? Although there are applications that can help us to know, there are studies that indicate that we unblock them an average of 150 times a day. And we do it to consult our notifications or to make empty queries, like this girl, who was denounced by her appointment to turn the cell phone over and over again in the cinema.
Sometimes a notification sounds. And we do not know very well what it is. Sometimes it can be a simple email message. Or an unimportant WhatsApp. Our mobiles and operating systems offer us new tools to know what we have received before unlocking the screen .
But there is one very basic and it is available on all the computers and operating system versions. It does not matter what you have. It is about setting up different sounds for notifications for services like Gmail or WhatsApp . In this way, just by listening to the type of notification you will know who or through what medium they claim you.
Steps to configure different notifications
For some time now our mobile phones allow us to assign, for example, a type of notification for each type of message (SMS, messaging, email …) and for each sender. But, do you know how to configure it on your Android device? It’s actually very simple. Follow these steps:
1. First, go to the Settings section of your Android phone. From here, in the Device area, you will have to click on the option Sounds and notifications.
2. From this section, you can configure all the sounds and melodies for the main notifications of the phone. This includes ringtones, but also message notifications. In this section, you can also choose the option to vibrate when it sounds or activate Do Not Disturb mode.
However, what interests us here are the notifications of applications. To access this setting, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap Application notifications.
3. Once inside, a carousel will be displayed with the applications you have installed on your computer. This includes the basic phone, but also the tools that you have installed a posteriori.
Set up different notifications for Gmail
Let’s start by configuring the sound of Gmail email notifications .
1. Without leaving the above mentioned section, locate the application of Gmail . The apps are listed alphabetically. Just look for the G to locate the Google email. Click on it.
2. Next, touch the sprocket. Choose the account you want to change the notifications (if you only have one, you will not have a choice) and click on Vibration and sound of Inbox.
3. Now, within the blue area of Notifications, touch the Sound option . Select the sound you like most. And confirm by pressing OK.
Set up different notifications for WhatsApp
You are likely to use WhatsApp quite often . So another of the notifications that you can change is that of this application.
1. Follow the same steps as in the previous section to access the notification settings for this application.
2. Then choose the sound you like most and press OK.
You can do the same with other applications. Although you should know that not all offer the ability to configure the sound of notifications in a way so specific.
In any case, we recommend to modify the main ones to differentiate without problems what type of notification you have received and not to have to unlock the phone every time it emits a beep.