One of the essential ways to invest today in advertising is Facebook Ads (Facebook advertising). We must bear in mind that lately Facebook is making many changes so that company pages are no longer displayed with the same ease as before, and through advertising the only way to become visible.
Therefore, one of the best techniques of digital marketing that we can carry out to achieve good results is advertising on Facebook. If you still do not know what Facebook advertising is and how to do it, pay close attention to this post where we tell you everything!
What is Facebook Ads?
Facebook Ads is the platform through which advertising is created. It is a system by which you can promote on Facebook, your Fan Page, Website, Event or Application.
Why advertise on Facebook?
These are the fundamental reasons why you should invest in Facebook advertising:
- It’s a very cheap type of advertising
- You only pay for the clicks obtained
- You can measure the results
- You choose who sees your ads thanks to the detailed segmentation you do (age, sex, interests, location … etc.)
- You can make different ad formats (Photo, video, publication … etc)
How to create a campaign on Facebook?
First of all, you should know that only company pages can advertise on Facebook, so if you have a personal profile, you must change it to company profile. To create an advertising account, you have to go to the Facebook Ad Manager , where you must enter a payment method. Once you have done all the above you can create the advertising campaign
The first step is to choose the goal of your campaign . There are different types and the main ones are:
- Traffic (clicks on the website): consists of creating a campaign with external links to Websites or Landing Page in order to get traffic to your website.
- “Like” the page : here the purpose will be to increase the number of fans of your page.
- Interaction with a page publication : this option aims to promote one or more publications of your Facebook page for companies, thus increasing the “likes”, comments and times the publication is shared, or the number of reproductions in the case of videos.
- Conversions on the website: create ads to promote specific actions that users must perform on your website. Some of these actions can be the sale of a product or service or the sending of the form.
- Installation of your application: in the case that you have an application, this announcement will help you to increase the number of downloads of it.
- Generating leads . This campaign allows you to create a form in which you can get data from users such as email, address … etc.
Once you’ve chosen the goal of your campaign, it’s time to set up the set of ads . In this step you should:
- Segment the target audience: Age, sex, location, interests …
- Ad placement : You must choose whether you want your ad to show on Facebook alone or also appear in other locations such as Instagram or Audience Network.
- Budget and calendar: Choose the daily or total budget that you will use in the campaign. (the recommended minimum is € 5 per day)
- Defines a campaign start and end date
The next step is to select the ad format . Facebook formats are:
- Ad by sequence : Carousel of images
- A single image to highlight : The recommended size for the ad to be seen completely (and well) is 1200 × 628 px.
- A video only .
- Presentation : with a maximum of 10 images a small video is created in which the photos are automatically passed.
Once the format is chosen, choose an image or a video that draws attention to the target audience. When you have chosen it, it is time to put the text.
Tips to make the best announcement on Facebook
- Choose a striking, simple and effective text. It is important that it is not a very long text, simplify it to the maximum.
- Ask questions which answer yes
- Use words like free, increase, discount, only today, last places … etc.
- Add an emoticon that makes reading more enjoyable.
- Add a URL that you want the user to go to when they click on the ad.
You already have all the steps to create your advertising campaign on Facebook! If you want us to create your Facebook Ads campaign, contact us!