Keys to know how to monetize an Instagram profile
One of the mistakes of many users when it comes to learning how to monetize an Instagram profile, is to believe that from one day to the next they will earn an income.
This thought leads many to the dark side and to use bad practices. Among them, the purchase of followers .
You see, you tend to believe that the more followers you have an Instagram profile, the better it will be and the more money you can get. But the real importance is not in that simple number. The true power of an account is that it has a strong community that interacts with the brand.
And all this is not achieved by buying likes or followers.
We must start from the basis that collecting information and first-hand data will bring you closer to meeting the objectives proposed in your strategies. It is something that is proven, especially in email marketing, where real impacts are achieved based on our own databases .
So, what makes you think that buying followers and likes for Instagram will make you earn money? The purchase of information, as with all types of strategies, runs the risk of attracting false data . That is, you run the risk that your account is full of bots .
And not only will you not be able to monetize your profile. But you will lose all your reputation as soon as your real followers are aware of your maneuvers. That is what will make you lose more points.
1.- Begin to build a solid community of followers
If you want to know how to monetize an Instagram profile, start at the beginning. For creating a quality community that really allows you to create engagement with your content.
There are many tricks to gain followers organically . And also, get these to be of quality. You can start by applying the following:
- Use all your communication channels to give visibility to your Instagram profile. To start, take advantage of the relationship you already have with your clients by email marketing to comment on what they follow on Instagram. Maybe many of them do not know that you have a profile. In addition, you can also take advantage of your other networks and communication channels to give visibility to your profile.
- Use hashtags to increase your followers . According to a study by Simply Measure, publications with at least one hashtag get 12.6% more interactions than those that do not.
- The like for like and the follow for follow can work. But only if you use them with accounts in your sector. A good idea is that you look among the followers of your competition and you look at the users who have liked their publications. After all, if you like what your competition has and does, you will have to like what you offer. This way you can start to give likes to those profiles. Simply to let you know and get the attention of those users.
2.- Share quality images
Despite the new features and functionalities of the application, Instagram has always been the star app of photography. That’s why all the content you share must be of quality. In fact, learning how to monetize an Instagram profile depends, to a large extent, on the quality of your content.
Nothing will attract your potential customers or monetize your account other than attractive and interesting content.
Show your community what your brand is about. What do you do, what are your products, what is your story, etc., creatively. The photos are the soul of this platform and if you want to stand out from the others you have to worry about the quality of the images. These are the 3 important points:
- Device to make the photo: camera or mobile.
- Previous edition.
For this, there are many photography applications that can help you .
3.- Ads will help you generate income
Discovering how to monetize an Instagram profile and get it is easier if you control the creation of ads.
The average CPC of Instagram is around 0.05 and 0.15 cents. This means that creating ads on this social network is cheaper than you could imagine. Especially, if you compare it with Google Adwords , LinkedIn Ads , Facebook Adsor Twitter Ads .
In addition, something that will make it easier for your brand to be successful on Instagram is always providing feedback, an answer. Keep a close relationship with your followers, answer their questions and questions and transmit a close and friendly brand image. This way you can reinforce the engagement and it will be easier to monetize your profile.
4.- Instagram hashtags stories and location stories
One of the best alternatives to create ads is to use Instagram stories.
In fact, you’d be surprised how many people use this app to find local businesses. Countless stories of companies are created every day and users are quick to find them. The best part is that they unconsciously push sales.
Instagram stories location is who will show you how to monetize an Instagram profile through simple videos and photos. In fact, it is one of the star tools of restaurants, shops and other local businesses that have a great impact on the leisure sector. Until now other applications were used to find where to eat or dine but the Instagram stories are changed the rules of the game.
5.- The links are vital
You will not be able to understand how to monetize an Instagram profile until you understand the power that links have in any digital marketing strategy. Even on Instagram. That’s why you can not miss them in these places:
- Always include a link in the description of your profile . In it you can direct your followers to a specific landing page, an entry in your blog or a Youtube video, but it can never be missing.
- Links in the stories. It is very simple. You will direct traffic to your website, blog or landing page. But as a recommendation, you should know that not everyone knows where that link takes you, so you should always communicate exactly what you want the audience to do.
6.- Instagram Shopping
The platform shows you how to monetize an Instagram profile in the most comfortable way possible, with Instagram Shopping. That, until recently only worked in the United States, but has already reached India.
This tool will help you tag the articles of each of your posts. This way you will get the users, simply by clicking on those labels, to reach sales landing pages. In fact, face to the user the appearance of these labels is as you can see in the image.
But in addition to the tagged product posts that appear in your followers’ feeds, Instagram users will also have the opportunity to export the ” shopping ” feed directly from their own profile.
7.- Influencer marketing and sponsored publications
If there is someone who knows how to monetize an Instagram profile, those are the influencers.
Normally, brands bet on influencers to get more visibility and reach new audiences with their content. Although the really interesting thing here is to find the right profile to share your philosophy and also have a community behind that you really want to conquer.
Luckily, at Coobis it is very easy to find both publishers and advertisers to promote your content and learn how to monetize an Instagram profile.
- If you are a publisher (a brand, influencer, micro-influencer, etc.), you should know that we have more than 2,000 registered advertisers. Including many of the leading brands in the main sectors of activity.
- And in case you are an advertiser and want to find the perfect influencer that will help you learn how to monetize an Instagram profile, take note. We have more than 10,000 editors available to create the highest quality content on Instagram, blogs and different networks.
8.- To do this, you will need a professional page
How to monetize an Instagram profile happens, in large part, by knowing how to analyze the data and statistics of your content, advertisements and promotions. Only then you can measure your performance, know where to put more emphasis, what aspects to improve and how to impact your audience more to monetize your content.
However, if there is a type of strategy that has become popular in recent times, it is campaigns with influencers. Why? Among others, because today social networks allow almost anyone to become popular. Especially if you know how to optimize your YouTube, Instagram, Twitter or Facebook profiles.